CHECK OUT THE OPEN POSITIONS
Kennel attendants are responsible for cleaning and maintaining kennels, cages, and play areas for dogs and/or cats, providing water and food for the animals, assisting with intakes and adoptions, giving medications and anything else the animals may need.
We are looking for energetic, responsible, and reliable Kennel Attendants who can work well with others which would include staff, volunteers, and our community.
Applicants should have problem-solving ability, be dedicated to caring for the animals, and to providing exceptional customer service. It is also vital that you have a strong love of animals.
We want staff who not only have grit but are also kind and have a sense of community. In this shelter, we cannot help animals without also helping people, so you must show compassion toward animals as well as toward other humans.
· Feed, groom, and exercise dogs/cats
· Clean interior of kennels, cages and play areas and the shelter (i.e. sweeping, hosing down, scrubbing and mopping floors, cleaning windows, baths and toilets)
· Deal with aggressive or sick dogs and cats, if necessary; assist in examining and treating animals through basic first aid care or medication administration.
· Complete administrative work such as preparing medicine labels and scheduling appointments for veterinarians.
· Assist with getting animals to veterinarian appointments (must have valid drivers license.
· Perform clerical tasks such as filing records, data entry on computers and photocopying.
· May assist with transporting animals to medical facilities for treatment.
Animal care experience is a plus, but not required.
We are willing to train the right hardworking and reliable person.
Must be 18 to apply.
Must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation.
Job Type: Part-time (20-30 hours)
Pay: $10.00 per hour to start with room for growth if interest and initiative is shown
How to apply: Applicants must fill out the application. Link is below.
PETWORKS JOB APPLICATION